Université Gustave Eiffel, with its partners École des Ponts ParisTech (ENPC), Université Paris-Est-Créteil Val-de-Marne (UPEC) and CNRS, is inaugurating in 2021 its SFRI project GP-DS (Graduate Programs – Doctoral Studies), funded by the French National Research Agency (ANR). The goal of an SFRI project is to reinforce the links between graduate education, doctoral studies, and research, with some key features such as interdisciplinarity and international attractivity. This SFRI project is organized into Graduate Programs, one of which, the Bézout Graduate Program, has the same perimeter as the Bézout Labex.
The Bézout Graduate Program builds upon the momentum of the Bézout Labex on the education side and drastically increases its potential, both qualitatively and quantitatively. Eventually, it will support:
- mobility scholarships at the master’s level, complementing the scholarships that the Bézout Labex has been offering since 2011;
- other scholarships for strong students, mostly coming from our institutions, at the master’s level;
- international mobilities for our doctoral students;
- a dedicated research-oriented track for 4th year ESIEE students;
- some courses and projects at the math+CS interface in L3, M1 and M2;
- a transversal module “data science and machine learning”, whose audience will be composed of students from Paris-Est who are not specialized in mathematics or computer science.